In this episode I talk to Johnny Parsons from England who, together with his family, emigrated from his adopted home of Yorkshire to the Peruvian capital of Lima.
We talk about:
- Why they left the UK and moved to Peru
- Adapting to Lima
- Travelling solo versus travelling as a family
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- His daily commute
- The incident that made him think twice about biking round Lima
- What he does in his spare time
- Peruvian food – and the need to tread carefully when talking about other nations’ cuisine
- Johnny’s tips for families thinking about emigrating
Listen / Watch
Or right here on the page:
This is a pie barm:
The film that triggered Johnny’s interst in Peru was Touching The Void
The Honda Super Cub, of which Johnny’s beloved C90 is a variant.
Johnny in some Peruvian television adverts, firstly for Beefeater 24 gin , and secondly for an English School.
[NB: there may be affiliate links on this page, meaning that Amazon and others may give me some pocket fluff as thanks for nudging you in their direction, while you pay the exact same amount]