In this episode I talk about my recent time in that most instagrammable of places – the Indonesian island (province, even) of Bali.
I’ll be talking about:
- The message I send to my future self every winter
- Why Bali
- First impressions of Ubud
- What can make it hard to acclimatise
- The hipster-surfer town of Canggu
- Bali as a vegan paradise
- The chain of islands that made my own trip so worth it
- How Bali is dealing with the problem of washed-up plastic
- Tips for your own trip to Bali
Listen / Watch
Or right here on the page:
The directory of digital nomad destinations I talk about it Pieter levels Nomad List. Canggu is still number 1 at the time of writing.
The book that helped fuel the interest in the hippy/cultural/yoga town of Ubud is Eat Pray Love.
Here are those thought-bubble islands:
The Canggu Community Group on Facebook is the place for all your ‘What is this weird creature I’ve found in my garden / shoe / bed?’ needs. It’s also a good place to learn about the next beach clean up, as is here, here and here.
Oh, and here’s the instagram influencer photo of a woman lying on a beach full of washed-up plastic and other rubbish.
Any thoughts on what I’ve mentioned here? Slap em down below.
[NB: some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning that Amazon and others may give me some pocket fluff as thanks for nudging you in their direction, while you pay the exact same amount]